How do you find the best email marketing service for your business when you don’t want to spend $100 month? I wanted to know! Over the years, I had helped clients setup and use MailChimp, Constant Contact, aWeber and Mad Mimi. Before I started collecting emails for a new site I was setting up, I decided that it was time to research them. Who knew, I would look at over 40 sites! Wow! How are you ever supposed to chose?
Requirements for Email Marketing Service
The business analyst in me always starts with my requirements. Requirements being those minimum things that any solution must provide. The requirements I identified for an email service provider were the following:
- must be a reasonable cost, ideally free to start, for a new business
- must integrate with Zapier, so that I can move my email addresses around to different tools
- must be reputable and offer frequent software updates and new features
- must cater and support individuals and small business
- ideally works with SumoMe, one of the leading emails popup providers
- easy tools to create the emails
The Search for the Best Email Marketing Service
I looked at over 40 sites and created a spreadsheet that captured the URL for each and the pricing.