Protect Your Content with Google Authorship
I continue to be amazed at the amount of information that is available and yet confusing around what to do to improve SEO rankings. I’ve been working diligently to increase ranking for a site that I’ve built. We have made great progress and I came across this article today on Google Authorship that I think is invaluable. It seems a shame to me that we have to do so much to ‘protect’ who we are and what we do and what we express. As a web designer, I find myself searching for info and images all the time, but I am always searching for what is royalty-free and what is available that I can use and stand in integrity. It never even crosses my mind to do otherwise!
Step by Step to Setup Google Authorship
If you are interested in Google Authorship from the article above, a few things are different as far as how you add the Contributed Sites. Here are the steps that you follow:
- Sign Into Google Plus
- Click ‘Profile’ on the left
- Click the small ‘ABOUT’ link next to Edit Profile that is in the image in the middle of the page
- Click the ‘+’ sign in the bottom right corner
- Click the ‘Sites’
- Name Your Website and the URL
- Under Contribute To, Name The Site that you Contribute too and the URL of the Site
- Click the Plus Sign next to any of them to Add More Than One
That should do it!
Here are some screen shots of what to look for: