you need to do?
The most important thing you need to do is educate yourself. While there are general guidelines, you have to determine how your business is affected based on the data you collect and the tools that you use to collect data.
I’ve been collecting articles and resources to share with you. Just this morning, Jenny Shih, shared in her newsletter an amazing resource that I hadn’t yet found. The recommendation she made was for Suzanne Gibble’s FREE GDPR Checklist. Suzanne is a lawyer that has put together resources to help you understand GDPR and take the steps to get compliant. It’s some of the best most practical advice I’ve read yet!
Recommended Checklist for You
Here’s my recommended checklist for you to get started on your GDPR compliance.
- Download the checklist here: https://suzannedibble.lpages.co/gdprchecklist/
- Watch the free video training. While it’s 2 hours, she explains it all excellent detail along with what you really need to do to get compliant. https://suzannedibble.lpages.co/gdpr-replay/
- Educate yourself by reading articles specific to the tools you use.
- Create an inventory of all the tools you use that collect customer data and identify if all of the tools are GDPR compliant.
- Modify any place you are collecting customer data to have intentional opt-ins.
- Make sure you have a process where you can delete any and all data for a person if it is requested of you.
- Reconfirm your email list if needed based on your research and specific requirements.
Here are some articles that will help you undestand GDPR.
Articles on What You Need to Do